Email Marketing is a revolutionary means of communication facilitated by the advances in information technology. With the acceleration of e-commerce as a consequence of these same technological innovations, email is now a significant means of marketing products and services through the internet.
Through email, myriad companies and businesses have a convenient means of reaching potential consumers. Through email, marketing copies get delivered directly to a person's inbox; companies no longer had to wait for consumers to come across their ads in the internet.
Video email is a modification to proven internet marketing methods. Through video email, your recipients no longer have to slog through text advertising copy. Even if your marketing copy contains wonderful graphics and engaging text, you cannot always expect an individual to read them when other more pressing email communications await their attention. That's why for all the emails you sent in a day, only a minute fraction would respond to your advertisement and visit your web site link.
Video emails are more powerful than traditional email marketing copies. Busy people will have more time to watch than read copy. Your video presentation can be as short as thirty seconds. Studies have shown that most people will watch at least two thirds of that presentation.
Given an ingenious video email copy, this short span of time can be enough to arouse your recipients' interest in your product or services and induce them to take time off their busy schedules to visit your web site. If you doubt the impact of video presentations as marketing tools, then you just have to think about the enormous boost in sales that result from TV infomercials.
There are reasons why most companies prefer sending graphic and text email advertisements rather than video email. One of the most important reasons for some marketing professionals' reluctance to shift over to video email marketing campaigns is the fact that recipients of these emails do not use the same video platforms and standards. There's just no way to determine the recipients' level of computer technology so that the appropriate video format could be sent to each person's inbox.
One other weakness is the large file size of each video email marketing copy. This obstacle is hardly insurmountable but this is nonetheless a problem.
Fortunately, there are now video email hosting companies that can solve the above mentioned problems associated with video email marketing campaigns. To solve the large file size problem, you can send an abbreviated video clip that when played will automatically connect the viewer your video email server. This means that you only have to use a fraction of the actual video file size in your email marketing copy.
To solve the problem about incompatible video platforms, some video email hosting providers have applications that can instantaneously detect the viewers' video playing capabilities the moment the recipients click the preview. The appropriate video format is then selected and loaded. This means that every video email gets viewed properly whatever the recipient's video standard.
Given video email's flexibility and undeniable persuasive powers, isn't it time to take advantage of video email in your internet marketing campaigns? I for one think that it is.
Video Email And Its Impact On Internet Marketing by Susan Esterbill
in Internet (submitted 2007-02-05)
Email marketing is one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to maintain and enhance customer relationships and deliver a measurable return on your marketing dollar, especially when you choose an email marketing service provider with the experience, ISP relationships, and product capabilities to effectively execute email campaigns, deliver your email, and measure your results.
Direct E-mail Marketing is the fastest option for sales. Email is so versatile and relatively simple to organize, as long as your data base is in good shape. A typical email campaign will deliver responses within 48 hours. This is the fastest media to generate new business avenues & push the sale.
Email Marketing is probably one of the effective way to attract new customers by keeping touch with existing ones and minimizing operating cost. E-mail Marketing campaign includes features like creating relevant data base for your target market by internet search, writing effective mail message to increase response rate & sending mails at one-to-one bases not in bulk mail style. The most recent surveys and our own experience show that Email Marketing is an integral part of a companys’ marketing activities.
Advantage of E-mail Marketing:
• Email allows you to build customer and reseller loyalty, acquire new customers, do sales support actions, cross sell and up sell.
• Email has a Return on Investment (ROI) higher than any other media (press, television, radio, direct marketing), according to the Direct Marketing Association research.
• Email allows you to monitor the email delivery result in real time, knowing the number of recipients and who opened the message and clicked its links.
• Email reaches approx.90% of the final result within 3 working days of the delivery, with a peak during the first hours of the first day for those who run Email Marketing actions at regular intervals.
• Email is easy to use.
• Email is fast; a study by Inverse Network Technology shows that 91% of email messages get to their final destination in 5 minutes, 5% in 30 minutes, 1% in 60 minutes and 3% in 12 hours.
• Email has an excellent cost/performance ratio.
• Email is reliable. The above mentioned study shows that in 95% of cases the users' access the Internet Providers services, to send and receive email messages, without the need to try a second time.
• Email it allows you to quickly and easily identify undeliverable addresses and, therefore, to find a solution.
Disadvantage of E-mail Marketing:
• Many companies use e-mail marketing to communicate with existing customers, but many other companies send unsolicited bulk e-mail, also known as spam.
• Illicit e-mail marketing antedates legitimate e-mail marketing, since on the early Internet it was not permitted to use the medium for commercial purposes. As a result, marketers attempting to establish themselves as legitimate businesses in e-mail marketing have had an uphill battle, hampered also by criminal spam operations billing themselves as legitimate.
• It is frequently difficult for observers to distinguish between legitimate and spam e-mail marketing. First off, spammers attempt to represent themselves as legitimate operators, obfuscating the issue. Second, direct-marketing political groups such as the U.S. Direct Marketing Association (DMA) have pressured legislatures to legalize activities which many Internet operators consider to be spamming, such as the sending of "opt-out" unsolicited commercial e-mail. Third, the sheer volume of spam e-mail has led some users to mistake legitimate commercial e-mail for spam especially when the two have a similar appearance, as when messages include HTML and flashy graphics.
• Due to the volume of spam e-mail on the Internet, spam filters are essential to most users. Some marketers report that legitimate commercial e-mails frequently get caught by filters, and hidden; however, it is somewhat less common for e-mail users to complain that spam filters block legitimate mail.
• Companies considering an e-mail marketing program must make sure that their program does not violate spam laws such as the United States' CAN-SPAM Act, the European Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 or their Internet provider's acceptable use policy. Even if a company follows the law, if Internet mail administrators find that it is sending spam it is likely to be listed in blacklists such as SPEWS.
For more details on E-mail Marketing visit www.halfvalue.com and www.halfvalue.co.ukFind more information on Books at www.lookbookstores.comSource: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com ABOUT THE AUTHOR Vinay ChoubeySEO Managervinay@halfvalue.com