Video marketing is not a new concept, as seen in television ads. However, using videos as a marketing medium has taken on a whole new plane on the web. Accessibility and interactivity on the internet have added a whole new dimension when it comes to promoting something via moving visuals.
Here are some other advantages of online video marketing over traditional television ads:
* It is cheap
* It has access to an ever-growing number of people who prefer the internet over television
* Online videos are available to the online audiences all the time
The Power of Video Marketing :
That video marketing is a powerful tool can be established from the fact that YouTube and Google Videos record millions of hits everyday. Strong and impact-bearing marketing messages can be packaged as videos to leave a lasting effect on viewers.
It can be integrated with existing internet marketing techniques. For example, promotional videos can be embedded in emails that are sent to prospective audiences through email marketing. Additionally, video marketing makes use of viral marketing techniques to spread business messages to a global audience.
Apart from online video streaming websites like YouTube, promotional videos can be shared on social networking websites, blogs and affiliate websites, thereby increasing viewership online. In fact, online surfers have the tendency to share their favorite videos with their friends and communities.
Videos as Multipurpose Tools :
An impressive aspect of videos is that they are multipurpose tools with a sole objective to attract web traffic. Videos can be utilized as source of entertainment, a means of providing information, introducing new products and services, and to promote just about anything and everything. You can harness the advantages of videos to fulfill different requirements of the online users
Video Marketing and Search Engine Rankings :
By implying SEO tools for video marketing, a website can achieve high search engine rankings. Here are some ways to go about doing the same:
* A relevant name can be given to the video, so that it is indexed in search engine results for different search queries.
* Suitable video titles and video descriptions should include relevant keywords to increase the chances of getting indexed.
* Include the website URL and company logo in the video, so that viewers find a way to learn more about what you have promoted through the video.
* Meta tags, anchor text, RSS feeds and other SEO tools must be utilized for the web pages on which videos are embedded.
Brand Building with Video Marketing :
Video marketing is not merely about tapping the right search engines; in fact, it can help online businesses build their brands. Here are some ways in which you can make videos useful for your business:
* Videos need not be long, but their content should be effective. In other words, a two minute video should make the message clearer than a long article.
* Use videos to review your business products from the perspective of end users.
* Share your business experiences by incorporating an involving story in a video.
* Slideshows and PowerPoint presentations about your website can be captured in a video and distributed.
* Videos can also be used to ask questions, answer them, and also to discredit myths.
So, can video marketing increase the conversion rate? Videos enhance the understanding ability of viewers and make the features and benefits of products and services more obvious. Moreover, online videos enable business owners to engage
themselves with viewers and interact with them at a more personal level. Thus, video marketing can boost product sales by converting visitors into potential buyers.
Effective video marketing can place your website in a whole new league of sales-oriented business sites.
The internet is fast transforming into a video rich marketing media channel, and you should thus use this opportunity to effectively promote your offerings online. Boost Your Website Sales with Video Marketing by Abe Malik
in Internet / Video (submitted 2010-05-26)